Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them" - Sunday Times

I am in the latter... going to join the former soon. Found a two-year-old copy of LOTR in a bookcase, that my brother bought for me to read... which i didnt. Well, i intend to change that, and with all three parts in one book, its surprisingly unabridged and reminds me of a single copy of The Wheel Of Time... which indeed goes round in circles about a bush with numerous patterns and weaves........ erm.

Anyway the font size is about 7. Thats what happens when u put the entire LOTR into 1000 pages. my eyes tear after 2hrs of reading it, so im making slow progress..

also i regret watching LOTR before reading hte book. Now when i read it my mind is filled with magic... and images of hollywood actors and actresses. I find myself unable to render my own depictions of characters in the book that i have already seen on screen. That has not reduced the book's lure though, the words my brother said so long ago were indeed true.

"Aiyah, get past the first 100 pages then not boring liao."

ha.. that time i reached page 47 i was bored out of my wits and stopped.. now im at 244, and i don't intend to stop, simply because im not bored by the book. Anyone who wants to read it can borrow it from me, it didnt really cost much.. id say $8 for a 1100 page paperback of a classic is cheap stuff. ps. after im done of course.

No comments: